The Intersectionality, Research, and Action International Summer School (IRAISS) will be held on the 12-15 of July 2022 in Krakow, Poland. The IRAISS is designed as a focused and innovative opportunity to engage novice and experienced scholars and activists in critical discourse, research, and epistemologies on intersectional research, theory, and practice.
How do we approach the learning dynamics in the Summer School?
This dynamic institute is purposed to explore and build knowledge on intersectional research, theory, and practice. The IRAISS seeks to convene interested scholars, activists, and other professionals who seek to grapple with questions and issues of intersectional identity. Particularly, the IRAISS is purposed to engage in solution-oriented discourse that focus on social justice issues and intersectionality in countries throughout Europe and its colonial legacy.
Call for participants: Requirements
All participants must be affiliated with an institution, an academic association, or a community organization in a European country. The proposal must consist of the following information:
- Academic/Organization Affiliation
Include: Name & address of Institution, Role and Title, Department, and Supervisor/Line Manager
- Statement of Interest (250 words max)
The Statement of Interest must include:
- How the IRAISS will support and enhance your knowledge?
- How the IRAISS will provide direct results/action in your field?
- How the three (3) major outcomes of the IRAISS align with your professional goals.
- Research Agenda (150 words max)
The Research Agenda must include:
- How the IRAISS align with your research agenda?
- What you intend to learn about intersectional research?
The IRAISS especially encourages early career professionals to include community activists, faculty, and researchers to submit a proposal. In addition, we welcome mid level and experienced professionals to submit a proposal.
If you are interested in participating, send your submission here: