Call for applications for ITC Conference grants
First Call for Grant Period 2 (01/11/2022-31/10/2023)
Application period: February 1, 2023 – March 1, 2023, 23:55
Grant Activities period: from 15 of March to the 15 of September, 2023, 23:55
Rules and Guidelines for ITC Conference Grants
- You are a Young Researcher: a researcher under the age of 40, see the Glossary https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2021/10/Annex-II-level-A-Glossary-REVISION.pdf .
- Your primary affiliation is in a COST Inclusiveness Target Country (ITC):
Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, Reunion Island and Saint Martin (France), Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain). Currently, see Annex I: https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2022/11/Annex-I-level-A-Country-and-Organisations-Table-Version-1.4.pdf
- You have a paper or poster accepted for presentation at an international conference.
- The conference takes place in a country different from your country of residence and different from the country of your primary affiliation.
- The topic of your paper or poster and the conference theme are relevant to VOICES.
- Conferences in Europe are preferred, but conferences outside of Europe may be considered as well.
- travel expenses from home to conference location and back (bus, coach, train 2nd class, plane economy);
- visa fees for conference country;
- conference fee up to 500 EUR;
- Accommodation and subsistence 120 EUR per night including breakfast and 20 EUR per lunch and dinner during conference days and at most two additional travel days if not included in the conference fee.
The entire conference trip must fit into the grant activities period and all administration must be completed in said grant activities period!
1. Fill in the ITC grants application form in the e-cost system (https://e-services.cost.eu/) on page https://e-services.cost.eu/itc. Consult the Grant awarding User Guide https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2021/12/Grant-Awarding-userguide.pdf as needed.
2. Save your application, but do not yet submit.
3. Send the following documentation in one pdf file to the VOICES Grant Awarding Committee:
- complete print or screenshot of your e-cost application;
- title of your paper or poster;
- proof of acceptance of your paper or poster (as provided to the e-cost system);
- break-down of your (expected) travel expenses;
- prints or screenshots of travel booking websites substantiating each expense;
- prints or screenshots of the conference website confirming the effective participation fee;
- list of lunches and dinners included in the conference fee;
- your short CV (as provided to the e-cost system);
- brief description of your involvement in the COST Action (as provided to the e-cost system);
2. The VOICES Grant Awarding Committee verifies your application. If your application is complete and formally meets all COST requirements, you will be invited to submit your application in the e-cost system.
- Conference grant holders must properly acknowledge their financial support in their published paper/poster as well as on the respective presentation slides.
After the conference:
- At most 30 calendar days after the last conference day attended, but no later than one week before the end of the grant period, conference grant holders must upload a scientific report (2 pages) to the e-cost system.
- This report must be aligned with the template provided in the e-cost system.
- This e-cost report together with the paper, presentation slides and/or poster must be sent to the VOICES Grant Awarding Committee.
Failure to produce the above documentation in time may result in cancellation of your conference grant!
Always get in touch with the VOICES Grant Awarding Committee as early as possible. GAC is there to help you with your application throughout the process.